Texas Economic Snapshot – 7/18/2022
Texas Economic Snapshot
Texas continues to lead the nation in an economic resurgence and remains one of the strongest and most diverse economies in the nation. Below is a snapshot of the state’s economic status:
· Texas unemployment rate is .
· Texas added in May, setting a new employment high for the seventh consecutive month.
· Texas job recovery rate since peak pandemic impact is
· The Texas workforce continues to grow, now at .
· Texas in May, signaling an acceleration in growth from April.
· Activity in the Texas in May, but continues to stay higher than the pandemic low point.
· Texas , but continue to stay higher than the pandemic low point.
· In May, there were more than announced in areas across Texas by various news sources. The projects are expected to create in capital investment and .
· Unemployment claims . The week ending May 30 saw 17,442 claims filed in Texas.
· State sales tax revenue for April totaled , up 8.6% compared to the same month last year.
· In April 2022, Texas exports totaled approximately .
· Weekly due to strong travel demand and higher average daily rates.
· Leisure and hospitality has after gaining 27,600 jobs in May.